Wednesday, July 04, 2007

Wedding Marigolds: Part 1

Resident-lawnmower-man's brother (aka my brother-in-law) got married last weekend. The wedding ceremony was outside on the family farm in southern Saskatchewan, with a lovely backdrop of roses (some of the Canadian Hardy Parkland and Explorer series) forming the background for several pictures.
The couple wanted to be creative with the wedding guest favours at the reception. They came up with these little wooden boxes containing marigold seedlings (soil inside a plastic liner). I am going to photoblog the progress of these little sprouts. I'll probably be transplanting them into individual pots soon. Hopefully, they will grow fast enough to bloom before frost.
I'm not sure how they settled on the marigold as the seed of choice. I suppose the seeds are large and therefore easy to plant. Actually, when I asked my brother-in-law what was growing in the baskets he said: "Plants...um, no...they're flowers!". I'll guess that he wasn't the one who picked the flower variety.

1 comment:

Kandace said...

Did you have fun at the wedding? Was it great to 'get out?'
We are spring cleaning right now. Funnnnn. My sister did the same thing with plants at her wedding. Cute!