Tuesday, November 06, 2007

EBay and Gardening

Internet shopping is not just for the internet addicted. It is for those that live in remote communities, like myself. Well, okay so I can buy groceries and rent videos in my town but the nearest Walmart is 2 hours away (gasp!).

When I lived in Vancouver, I couldn't really get interested in catalogs, but now I see the point of ordering things in the mail.

EBay is a fantastic site for some of the weirdest items. I have bought bonsai mesh, bonsai wire, Japanese bonsai soil, bonsai paste, Plumeria cuttings, pansy and tomato seeds, many orchids, books...and the list goes on.

This is a gardening tome that I just received on eBay. It is John E. Bryan's book on bulbs, a comprehensive resource that every gardener needs, or at least should dream of. Yes, all six pounds of it! I have yet to read it of course, but I am really looking forward to spending some time with this massive volume. It cost $130 on Amazon, but I got it on eBay for $19.95! Ka-ching!

No comments: