Sunday, March 16, 2008

The Ice Queen Reigns Here

Spring has not yet arrived in our local Narnia, as we sit under more falling snow with temperatures down to -23 C (-9.4 F) tonight. I'm determined not to plug in the car's block heater anymore though. Doing that would be admitting defeat. Is anyone else in the garden world still plugging in their car?

Yet again, the driveway is covered in snow:

In the absence of live flowers in my yard, I'm going to be keeping up with the proverbial Joneses in the rest of Canada with this display:

I bought these silk flowers at a craft store on my last trip out of town. I just need a few robins flying around the living room to complete the spring effect.

7 comments:

joshua said...

I gotta say that this is one of the very best blogs I've ever visited yet.

Congrats! Take this words as a blossom blessing as I'm bloguing around!

PALAVROSSAVRVS REX

Unknown said...

I know how you feel, Gardenista, though it's milder here than in La Ronge. But this seems to be a harder winter than usual. Courage, though...we'll get through, eventually.

Anonymous said...

those flowers are adorable.

WiseAcre said...

We never plug in the car. It might ruin a good excuse to skip work.

Temps are supposed to hover just above 0 F tonight. Better temps are expected soon but I'm not going to hold my breath.

O.I.M said...

the silk flowers look great...the driveway not so much. Enough snow has melted here that the sidewalks are visible. The garden is still buried though. Winter has been especially cruel.
irena

Anonymous said...

The silk flower arrangement is very artistically done. I thought they were spring blossoms at first glance.
I love the photos of snow, which remind me of growing up in Wisconsin.

Amy said...

WOW!!! I can't believe how cold your area is! We've had some nights where it dropped to -10C and a bit of snow, but nothing like what you're dealing with. The van *was* complaining this morning when I started it though :)

Love your silk flowers!