Tuesday, January 19, 2010

A Hungry Snow Angel


I spotted this snow angel today as I rolled the trash bin out to the road. It clearly isn't human-sized, so I assume this was made by a bird. However, the whole imprint is quite large, being over two feet wide. I'd imagine a raven made this imprint, probably while it was checking out some potential food item on the ground. The only other birds I have seen recently are the cedar waxwings, who are partaking in the feast of berries still hanging on the mountain ash tree.

7 comments:

mothernaturesgarden said...

Looks like he caught something on the ground.

Kyna said...

That is VERY cool :D

jodi (bloomingwriter) said...

Great photo...I can see the raven out hopping around, creating that pattern.

Kate said...

Ooh, that's really cool. The Magpies around here make snow angels, too.

Melanie said...

Wonderful photo. I love surmising what makes the prints in the snow.

The Garden Ms. S said...

That's quite a unique photo - yes, *uber* cool. :)

We have a raven nesting nearby at the top of the ravine across the street. He flew over my head last week and I could hear the thrumming of his powerful wings - quite a magnificent bird.

lisa said...

I've seen similar imprints around here...mine are usually an owl that got a mouse.