Thursday, April 23, 2009

Halifax Flowers, La Ronge Not Yet

The trip to Halifax last week was lovely. I had the chance to explore the city center under sunny skies. The temperatures were no warmer than here in La Ronge, but at least they had blooming crocuses.

The Halifax Public Gardens do not officially open until May 7, and I wish I could see these gardens in about 4 to 6 weeks. I did see these cheery crocus blooms on the garden grounds though.



Here at home, my dahlia tubers have put forth some healthy green shoots. This is altogether a more cheery image than the skiff of snow that has accumulated outside this morning.

2 comments:

Jennifer AKA keewee said...

What a fabulous gate to walk through into the gardens.

Barbarapc said...

It won't be long until you enjoy your own flowers in the garden. Nothing like a visit to a garden with a few blooms to tide you over until your time comes.