Thursday, November 27, 2008

Winter White Frosty Coating

We've been sitting in a fair bit of snow for a few weeks now. I was suprised to see that Saskatoon had little snow when I was there last week. I guess the north is just lucky with all this white stuff.

I've been indoors eyeballing those discount offers on plants and roots for spring. I tell myself that if I wait till closer to spring, the discounts will be even greater. But my own reasonable inner voice is probably going to be silenced in favor of compulsive online plant purchases. I've decided that a quick and dirty solution to planting up the big barrel planters is to fill them with dahlias, grown from tubers shipped in spring. That minimizes the need to grow a large quantity of annuals under the basement lights (or just makes room for other ones).

Otherwise, I haven't done any more traveling, other than what is required for work. Here's my 7,000 ft knitting project.

Simply a scarf, yes, but who can say they knitted at 7,000 feet these days?

I was the only passenger on the charter plane, so without having any tendencies to self-harm, I can say my knitting needles posed no danger to other passengers. Oh yes, and I think I had at least 100mL of liquids in my juice box. I am SUCH a rebel.


Kona the snow-loving dog is now in her element.
This may not be her most scenic perspective, but I took the picture to show the lovely afternoon and the guy coming down the street on a snowmobile. I think he might have been walking his dog, as he went up and down the street, looking behind him to ensure a black dog was still chasing him. Soon the neighbours will be landing their ski-planes on the lake ice again.

6 comments:

RURAL said...

I suppose if I told you that last week we were the hot spot in Canada, that might upset you a little bit?

A lovely world that you inhabit. Was that someone you know all bundled up in the garden? LOL.

Good to see a post from you.

Jen

Amy said...

Hello - So nice to see a post again. What beautiful yarn you are using for your scarf project!

I can't believe it, but we don't have snow on the ground. Four snowstorms so far but it has always melted. We usually have our first permanent snow by Remembrance Day. It feels very strange, but I guess I shouldn't complain :)

Cicero Sings said...

I too was wondering what happened with ya! Glad to see all is well and as it should be ... snowy!!!!

Philosophical Karen said...

Heh, looking for yarn and stitch pattern details on that beautiful scarf. (I can almost guess the needle size just by looking at them in the photo.)

Philosophical Karen said...

Aha, I would've guessed Noro. It softens up with washing, I've been told. (Of course, hand washing is a bit of a pain, but you don't want it to felt.)

I'd like to find you on Ravelry if you're okay with that. I have an email in my Blogger profile if you want to pass along your Rav name.

Anonymous said...

I liked the scarf picture (lol).
Compulsive plant purchasing can never be avoided in my experience.